During NVM Open Huizen Dag (Open Houses Day) you can visit and discover all partaking houses without any obligations. Which houses are partaking you can see on funda. During your visit, the owner of the building is on site, just for you to ask them about their experiences with the specified home.
You can use the tips below as a preparation before you go visit the NVM Open Huizen Dag. If you want, and have help with Dutch when needed, you can download the Dutch ”bezichtigingsverslag”, a helpful document that reminds you of key points to pay attention to during your visit.
Look here to see the first new and upcoming date for an NVM Open Huizen Dag
To do beforehand
- Make a wishlist, including i.e. the number of bedrooms, the distance between your living and working place, stores, and schools.
- Look at your financial options.
- Orientate on Funda to look at houses that are participating in the NVM Open Huizen Dag and are also doable judging by your desired price range and location.
- It’s smart to check the location the week before the NVM Open Huizen Dag. What does it look like in the evening/at night?
On the NVM Open Huizen Dag itself
- Give yourself a limit on the number of houses you will visit
- Map out a convenient route for visits
- Give each visit a certain time limit as well
- If the first impression sucks, just leave
When you saw a nice house and got a good first impression, bring an NVM-certified purchasing realtor alongside on your second visit.
Want to know more?
Being the NVM, we often get questions about the NVM Open Huizen Dag. On this special page, the most common questions and answers are listed.
Follow the NVM Open Huizen Dag
You can follow NVM Open Huizen Dag on Open Huis Facebook and Open Huis Twitter. What will happen during the day, and what are the busiest spots? Like or follow our account and stay up-to-date.